PSC PREVIOUS QUESTION 17 - FORTUNE ACADEMY

Breaking

.

Thursday 16 November 2017

PSC PREVIOUS QUESTION 17

FORTUNE
Academy for career and competitive exams
ENGLISH TEST 17


1.       One who hates woman?
(a)misogamist (b)misogynist (c)misologist (d)none of these

2.       A man whose wife is dead is called
(a)widow (b)bachelor (c)widower (d)celibate

3.       When the fire broke out, the fire brigade was called to put .... the fire.
(a)out (b)down (c)away (d)off

4.       The job is similar ..... my old one
(a)as (b)at (c)with (d)to

5.       Choose the antonym of “HOSTLE”
(a)inimical (b)friendly (c)decisive (d) strict

6.       “AUTHENTIC” means
(a)brilliant (b)charming (c)diplomatic (d)true

7.       Choose the correctly spelt word
(a)reeth (b)wreeth (c)wreath (d)reath

8.       Choose the correctly spelt word
(a)Archeology (b)Archiology (c)Archaeology (d)Archeeology

9.       He was quickly cured ..... illness
(a)at (b)from (c)by (d)for

10.   One word for collection of ships
(a)fleet (b)pack (c)cluster (d)group

11.   The police ...... on duty
(a)are (b)is (c)was (d)have

12.   He was married ..... an intelligent girl
(a)with (b)by (c)to (d)of

13.   Flour is made ..... wheat
(a)of (b)from (c)by (d)on

14.   The policeman asked me where .....
(a)I am going (b)I was going (c)am I going (d)was I going

15.   “Fit as a fiddle” means
(a)completely well (b)alcoholic (c)unfit (d)in disorder

16.   I am older than you, .....?
(a)am I (b)amn’t I (c)aren’t I (d)weren’t I

17.   Fools rush ... where angels fear to tread
(a)in (b)on (c)at (d)for

18.   Which one is in the plural form
(a)thesis (b)syllabus (c)crisis (d)stadia

19.   The mother as well as her three children ..... taken to the hospital
(a)was (b)were (c)are (d)an

20.   If you had locked the car, the bag .....
(a)will not have been stolen (b)cannot have stolen (c)may not have stolen (d)wouldn’t have been stolen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages