Reported Speech Previous Questions - FORTUNE ACADEMY

Breaking

.

Monday 16 October 2017

Reported Speech Previous Questions

REPORTED SPEECH PREVIOUS QUESTIONS

1.       I told the candidate, “we will publish the results tomorrow”. Change into reported speech
a.       I told the candidate that we would publish the results tomorrow.
b.      I told the candidate that they would publish the results tomorrow.
c.       I told the candidate that we will publish the results the next day.
d.      I told the candidate that we would publish the results the next day

2.       She said that her father had gone abroad the previous month. This sentence is the reported speech of
a.       She said “Your father went abroad last month”
b.      She said “My father had gone abroad last month”
c.       She said “Your father went abroad last month”
d.      She said “My father went abroad last month”

3.       They said “We were playing for the country”. They said ..............
a.       that they were played for the country
b.      that they had played for the country
c.       that they had been playing for the country
d.      that they are playing for the country.

4.       Find the error part- Balu said that (a)/he has learnt (b)/ that nonsense a long time before (c) / No error (d)

5.       He said that he ............ lost his laptop
a.       has
b.      had
c.       would
d.      did not

6.       John told me that ..................
a.       I am his best friend
b.      I have been his best friend
c.       I was his best friend
d.      None of these

7.       Manoj says, “I am fed up with her” is the direct speech of
a.       Manoj said that he is fed up with her
b.      Manoj said that he was fed up with her
c.       Manoj say that he is fed up with her
d.      Manoj says that he is fed up with her

8.       Find the error part:- The teacher said (a)/ that the stars (b)/ give us light (c)/ No error(d)

9.       He told his daughter ......... he had often told her not to play with fire.
a.       as
b.      but
c.       that
d.      which

10.   Find the error part- The teacher promised (a)/ that if we would come (b)/before school next day,(c)/ she will explain it(d).

11.   Find out the error part in the sentence. The old man said (a)/ that he is going (b)/ to leave his properties(c)/ No error

12.   Choose the correct sentence.
a.       My mother said that she will give me a nice present
b.      My mother said that she will be given me a nice present
c.       My mother said that she would give me a nice present
d.      My mother said that she may give me a nice present.

13.   Rishika said that she ............. her friend the previous day
a.       see
b.      will see
c.       was seeing
d.      had seen

14.   “I don’t like tea” he said – Change this sentence into indirect speech
a.       He said that he not like tea
b.      He said that he did not like tea
c.       He said that he did not liked tea
d.      He said that he had not liked tea

15.   When my father came into my room, I ........ a movie
a.       am watching
b.      will be watching
c.       was watching
d.      have been watching

16.   Find out the error part in the sentence- The old man asked me (a)/how could I (b)/ help him (c)/ in that situation (d)

17.   Choose the correct sentence
a.       The stranger asked me what is my name
b.      The stranger asked me that what is my name
c.       The stranger asked me what was my name
d.      The stranger asked me what my name was

18.   The teacher asked the students ........ they had seen the exhibition
a.       that
b.      if
c.       until
d.      but

19.   “Do you like tea?” he said. – Change this sentence into indirect speech
a.       He asked me that I liked tea
b.      He asked me I had liked tea
c.       He asked me whether I liked tea
d.      He asked me whether I like tea

20.   They asked me, “What are you looking for?” They asked ............
a.       me what I am looking for.
b.      me what I was looking for
c.       me what was I looking for
d.      me what were I looking for

21.   Mother asked me
a.       whether I had bought chicken
b.      whether had I bought chicken
c.       whether I have bought chicken
d.      whether have I bought chicken

22.   Merlin asked Prardhana, “Where were you all the time?” is the direct speech of
a.       Merlin asked Prardhana where she was all the time
b.      Merlin asked Prardhana where was she all the time
c.       Merlin asked Prardhana where had been she all the time
d.      Merlin asked Prardhana where she had been all the time

23.   Find the error part:- The officer asked to (a)/ the people where the man (b)/ who had done that was (c)/ No error(d)

24.   He asked his daughter ........... he had finished her home work
a.       as
b.      but
c.       that
d.      whether

25.   I asked him whether he would stop the noise – is the indirect speech of
a.       I asked him, “Whether you will stop the noise?”
b.      I asked him, “You will stop the noise?”
c.       I asked him, “Will you stop the noise?”

d.      I asked him, “Would you stop the noise?”

2 comments:

  1. Wish you a very 26 January Happy Republic Day 2019 to all of you. January 26 is our Republic Day. We celebrate this day every year. In 1950, our India became a sovereign democratic republic and it had its own constitution.
    Source: https://www.26januaryhappyrepublicday.in/

    ReplyDelete

Pages