PSC PREVIOUS QUESTION 2 - FORTUNE ACADEMY

Breaking

.

Thursday 9 November 2017

PSC PREVIOUS QUESTION 2


FORTUNE
Academy for career and competitive exams

ENGLISH TEST 2
 



1.       Look before you ………..
(a)jump   (b)leap   (c)run   (d)walk

2.       The antonym of  ‘audible’ is ………
(a)unaudible   (b)disaudible   (c)inaudible   (d)nonaudible

3.       He is suffering ………… fever
(a)by   (b)of   (c)in   (d)from

4.       ‘indisposed’ means
(a)unbroken   (b)unwell   (c)uncertain   (d)uncommon

5.       Stop writing, ………….
(a)will you   (b)would you   (c)shall you   (d)should you

6.       Choose the correct spelt word
(a)tuition   (b)tution   (c)tushion   (d)tushan

7.       The word ‘beautiful’ is ………….
(a)Noun   (b)verb   (c)adverb   (d)adjective

8.       After supper I usually go …………
(a)to upstairs   (b)upstairs   (c) at upstairs  (d)on upstairs

9.       The rich merchant always keeps a ………. of keys in his pocket.
(a)collection   (b)group   (c)bunch   (d)a lot of

10.   My brother is good ……. Mathematics.
(a)in   (b)on   (c)about   (d)at

11.   If the chief guest spoke a little louder, we ……… hear him
(a)could   (b)can   (c)must   (d)may

12.   A place where nuns live is
(a)convent   (b) monastery  (c) residence  (d)none

13.   I wish I …….. a rich man
(a)was   (b)am   (c)were   (d)will be

14.   When I was a small boy, I was afraid ……. ghosts
(a)by   (b)of   (c)for   (d)in

15.   Science of speech sounds is
(a)phonology   (b) etymology  (c)ethics   (d)phonetics

16.   A person’s life history written by another is called ………….
(a) autobiography  (b)biography   (c)fiction   (d)history

17.   The correctly spelt word is
(a)gosip  (b)gousip  (c)gossip  (d)gosipp

18.   He asked me what
(a)was I doing  (b)am I doing  (c)I am doing  (d)I was doing

19.   A pair of shoes …….. found near the gate.
(a)was  (b)were  (c)are  (d)is

20.   The teacher asked us to write …….. ink
(a)with  (b)on  (c)in  (d)by


ANSWERS

1.       B
2.       C
3.       D
4.       B
5.       A
6.       A
7.       D
8.       B
9.       C
10.   D
11.   A
12.   A
13.   C
14.   B
15.   D
16.   B
17.   C
18.   D
19.   A
20.   C

Previous     Next

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages